Monday, October 8, 2012

Speedy Process


     I always love a little challenge. Nothing in my opinion beats the concentration power mixed with entertainment needed to play Taboo. The experience is a test to my mind and thought processing to come up with the word fast enough. I've always personally prided myself with at least a pretty good thought processing speed, not great but at least slightly above average. From my personal experience of playing the game, I found that the best way to be good at it is to approach it with a creative, critical mind. Once I see the word that I'm to explain, I immediately attack it from all angles as to how I can describe it as simple and quickly as possible. The game is immensely satisfying if done well.

     While watching everyone play the game, I found out that it was a good way to observe the amount of teamwork everyone has. There are those who under pressure to win forget to have fun with the friends is that they're playing with. Competitiveness is always a good thing but at times it reveals how much an individual values winning over overall team achievement.

     Aside from Taboo, I also enjoy a good board game that tests your vocabulary bank. It is of course Scrabbles. Always a very interesting game, I find that it is a very good opportunity to practice how fluent I can make my words and diversify my vocabulary range while at the same time thinking up the best strategy as to which letters I should keep in hopes of making a really big point winning word.

     Games, although often thought of as a PS3 or Xbox 360 when first mentioned take many forms. Board games in particular are perhaps one of the most productive form of games there are today. Unfortunately, the majority of youths these days are more interested in electronic gaming consoles than a good ol' board game. It is my hope that board game however will always have a role in our society and it's entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment